Monday, June 2, 2008

New Search ( Lountzis )

Wow, Here I go again. I was ask to research the name of a Greek family here in Lancaster, Pa. I thought, " Sure, No Problem ". Well was I ever wrong.
To me they are a pramonent name here in Lancaster. They came to the US in 1973. But it seems the later someone comes over here, the harder it is to research their surname.
I looked everywhere. On alot of different web sites. Alot of Greek web sites, and Italian web sites just incase. I even search for the origin of the Lountzis name, and it never came up. Then finally I got to Lica Catsakis' web site. It seems that, that may be my best bet for any answers at all. I still haven't contacted her on my problem, but I plan to do so today and see where I stand. She may be able to guide me in the right direction. I will let you all know what becomes of this no adventure. In the meantime, if you all can give me hand in this, I'd sure appreciate it. Till Then...............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The name comes from a family, which settled in Zakynthos, Greece (coming originally from Crete) in the middle ages and after the Ottomans took over Crete. The most famous of the family was Hermannos Lountzis. The links below might be useful to you
http://www.libromag.gr/?p=1428
http://www.ygeiaonline.gr/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=32341:loyntzhs_ermanos