Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Stranger meeting

This has been a fun week for me. I got an email asking about a family tree I've been working on for several months now. She claimed to be a relative, and wanted to get in touch with someone because she was raised outside the family because of her mothers early death as a baby. So I called my friend and told her about the women, and gave her name. She said it sounded familiar, so I should give the lady her phone number and have her call her. Well I did this, and low and behold, the two are 2nd cousins. And better yet, only live miles from eachother. She got alot of info she needed from my friend, and they will get together and exchange pictures and information with one another too. You never know what you will find on Ancestry.com family trees. I've made several contacts which panned out to be gold mines.
Now I'm in the search for my linage all the way back to the Revolutionary War so I can join DAR. It seems it will be a struggle till I get there, but I won't get upset if it doesn't happen over night. Who knows what I'll find along the way.....................

No comments: